Light at the end of the tunnel: Journey’s end, or oncoming train?
There are widely quoted, Gartner related statistics in the IT industry that large percentages of IT Projects fail. The reasons for this are as varied as the day is long, but in the experience of the team at ReCognite, it can usually be connected to the fact that core fundamentals of Project controls have been overlooked or ignored. Some of the signs that your project may be in trouble include:
- No one seems sure when the project will be finished
- Project deliverables are full of defects
- Team members are working excessive hours
- Management has lost the ability to control progress or understand current status with any accuracy
- The customer has lost faith in the development group
- Defensive team members
To quantify this, we use our Recovery tool box to:
- Review key areas of your project delivery and associated processes
- Identify gaps against best practice, threats, opportunities and problems
- Perform impact analysis of the above
- Provide recommendations and/or a specific course of action to either complete the project or shut it down in a controlled manner
What Does My Business Get when Engaging with ReCognite? (Deliverables):
- Programme of work site within Project Box (full access permitted to client)
- Project Site within Project Box – Lite or Structured (full access permitted to client)
- Project business case. (optional)
- Project Initiation Document.
- Project plans (Gantt, Task lists, Timelines, resource plans and descriptive text).
- Project quality plan.
- Project communications plan.
- Project issues log.
- Project risks log.
- Project change log.
- Project control documentation, such as sign-off documents and change requests.
- Project progress reports.
- Project closure documents.